Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Introduction

In a career spanning  25 years in the Human Resource Function, I have spent the last eight of them almost exclusively devoted to the 'Training & Development' function, thanks to a well meaning but misguided boss who felt that a stint in the function would be great for my overall development. Three years ago, when I decided to be my own boss, circumstances ensured that I devote a considerable amount of time to the training function.
I do not claim to  know everything about the function. What ever I have learnt has been through experience, my own as well as those of fellow trainers. As I stumbled through the function, some bretheren of the training community took pity on me and shared their knowledge with me. And I learnt one important thing - that with all the concepts and theories of training, it ultimately boils down to your experiences in developing and delivering training workshops. I have had my share of experiences and over time I have collected experiences of others in the community. These range from being hillarious to down right heartbreaking. These experiences have also raised many unanswered questions about the function. It is my endevour to share these experiences in the hope that some of these questions may get answered. In the very least, we may learn something new through them.  All comments and feedback are therefore welcome.

2 comments: